PE and Sports Premium
Here at Rushden Primary Academy we believe a high quality PE curriculum should be an integral part of the whole school curriculum and one that staff and pupils understand and can contribute to. Through PE & Sport our children learn to develop the important qualities of discipline, resilience, communication, team work, and ambition.
Our PE curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils develop the fundamental skills and competence to excel in a wide range of physical activities by providing a broad & balanced curriculum with opportunities for all to be enjoyed. Please see below the PE curriculum map.
What is the Sports Premium?
In April 2013, the Government announced new funding (Sport Premium) for physical education (PE), sport and physical activity to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision at school. We are using the Sport Premium to improve the quality of PE and Sport provision in the following ways:
- What impact have we have seen on pupils’
- PE and Sport participation
- Development of healthy lifestyles.
This year it is estimated that we will receive an estimated £18,560. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools, it will be used so that all children benefit regardless of their sporting ability.
The government recommends the following as examples of ways to spend the funding:
- Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- Support and involve the least active children by running After-School sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the change-for-life clubs
- Provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- Run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the school games
- Run sports activities with other schools
All schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport but there is freedom to choose how we do it, please click on PE Action plan below to see how we have spent the money at RPA.
Please see lunch time activities offered to our children led by RPA Sports Ambassadors