Vision and aims for History in our school
Children will be/have:
- An enthusiastic attitude towards history lessons and begin to ask and answer questions about the world around them.
- An ambitious history education that will help pupils gain a coherent knowledge and understanding of Britain's past and that of the wider world.
- High-quality teaching that will equip children to ask perceptive questions, think critically, weigh evidence and develop perspective and judgement.
- An understanding of the methods of historical enquiry, including how evidence is used rigorously to make historical claims, and discern how and why contrasting arguments and interpretations of the past have been constructed.
- Understanding of historical concepts such as continuity and change, cause and consequence, similarity, difference and significance, and use them to make connections, draw contrasts, analyse trends, frame historically valid questions and create their own structured accounts, including written narratives and analyses
- Know more and remember more in each area of History studied, each lesson to have a structure whereby prior learning Is always considered and opportunities for revision of facts and historical understanding are built into lessons.
Please the document attached below.
Photos from Year 3