Family Support Worker
Our Family Support Worker is Debs Francis.
Debs supports parents and carers of our children in a number of ways, including the following:
- Strategies for managing difficult behaviour.
- Coordinating Early Help Assessments.
- Dealing with worries about how your child is coping in school.
- Signposting and referral to additional services such as:
- School Nurse Team
- IASS - Information Advice Support Service for SEND
- Community Law-Drop In service and advice on debt management, housing and benefits.
- 123 Magic Parenting Groups.
- Solihull Parenting Groups.
- Domestic Violence Support.
- Sleep Solutions
- Specialist Support Service for Autism and SEND
Debs is also one of our Safeguarding Leads and monitors attendance. If you you want to drop in and have a chat with Debs about any of the above (or about anything that you feel is impacting on family life) just pop into reception to make an appointment, call her on 01933 201200, or email her at the email address above.
Please see the attachment below for organisations who can offer support for parents at this difficult time.
Fuel Poverty (COVID-19)
New emergency measures with the energy industry have been agreed by the government to protect the domestic energy supply of those most in need during the disruption caused by COVID-19.
From today customers with pre-payment meters who may not be able to add credit can speak to their supplier about options to keep them supplied. This will benefit over 4 million customers.
This could include nominating a third party for credit top ups, having a discretionary fund added to their credit, or being sent a pre-loaded top up card so that their supply is not interrupted.
More broadly, any energy customer in financial distress will also be supported by their supplier, which could include debt repayments and bill payments being reassessed, reduced or paused where necessary, while disconnection of credit meters will be completely suspended.