Each Academy within the Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust has its own Advisory Council (AAC) that works closely with each Principal.
Each AAC is a small group and has staff, parent and community representation. It is not, however, the same as a traditional governing body as it has no legal responsibilities. These responsibilities are held by the GDFT Trust Board.
The Rushden Primary Academy Advisory Council will meet formally at least termly and AAC members will be encouraged to play an active part in the day to day life of the Academy.
The AAC has three key roles in terms of the development and success of the Rushden Primary Academy:
- To advise and act as a critical friend to the Principal of the Academy and to advise the Board of Directors of the Greenwood Academies Trust about local issues they need to consider that affect the Academy.
- To represent the interests of the Academy community in the running of the Academy and to represent the Academy in its community.
- To provide support to the Principal in undertaking appropriate day to day procedures that are essential to the life of the Academy, such as disciplinary and complaint procedures.
The Council currently includes the following members from a range of backgrounds:
- Chair - Laura Wright
- Parent Members – Laura Wright, Rachel Richardson, Danielle Fordham
- Community Members – Jamie Ringrose, Zoe Leonard, Jessica French, Sue Lander
- Staff Members – Amy Horlick
- Principal – Lindsay Edwards
- Trust Senior Education Adviser – Vicki Godbold
Click here to view the Trust Governance Arrangements.