Parents of Rushden Primary Academy
Our objectives are to raise funds in support of the education of the children at Rushden Primary Academy.
We do this by arranging events for the community of RPA.
Parents of RPA is a collaboration between parents and staff whose aim is to hold events that bring the community together and raise money to purchase items that Government funding doesn’t cover. The success of Parents of RPA depends entirely on the support of all parents, staff and the community.
Core Committee Members
|Chair – Mrs Johanna Wootton|
|Treasurer – Mrs Tracey Botham|
|Secretary – Ms Elizabeth Fielden-Weston|
- Valentine Heart completed by the children using coins. Money was used to purchase blankets for Unicef
- Cake sales – left over cakes were donated to the food bank in Rushden
- Lolly sales
- Father’s Day activity
- Summer Fete
- Film night
- We purchased coins for the children to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday
- Wear bright colours mufti day plus reflector and visit from PCSO
- Macmillan Afternoon tea – surplus cakes to food bank
- Christmas art activity plus cake raffle and Christmas jumper day – proceeds to The Children’s Society
- Money from the above events (if not for charity) has been used to pay for markings on the playground as requested by Ms Davies. It has been agreed with the school that they can have 70% of funds that we raise. The other 30% is to be kept for insurance and other expenditures. Once the playground markings are completed a decision will be made with the school as to where funds can be directed.
We are always looking for volunteers to join us or help out at events etc. If you are interested or would like to find out more, please contact us at email@example.com