ch Academy within the Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust has its own Advisory Council (AAC) that works closely with each Principal.
Each AAC is a small group and has staff, parent and community representation. It is not, however, the same as a traditional governing body as it has no legal responsibilities. These responsibilities are held by the GDFT Trust Board.
The Rushden Primary Academy Advisory Council will meet formally at least termly and AAC members will be encouraged to play an active part in the day to day life of the Academy.
The AAC has three key roles in terms of the development and success of the Rushden Primary Academy:
- To advise and act as a critical friend to the Principal of the Academy and to advise the Board of Directors of the Greenwood Academies Trust about local issues they need to consider that affect the Academy.
- To represent the interests of the Academy community in the running of the Academy and to represent the Academy in its community.
- To provide support to the Principal in undertaking appropriate day to day procedures that are essential to the life of the Academy, such as disciplinary and complaint procedures.
The Council currently includes the following members from a range of backgrounds:
- Chair - Zoe Leonard
- Parent Members – Emma Chambers, Rachel Richardson and Laura Wright
- Community Member – Jamie Ringrose
- Staff Members – Sarah Charidine and Debbie MacFarlane
- Principal – Liza Davies
- Trust Senior Education Adviser – Andrew Jeffery-Clarke
Click here to view the Trust Governance Arrangements.
Click to view the list of AAC Pecuniary Interests 2016/17
Further information about the Chair and Parent members is below:
I am Emma, mum to Ava who is currently in Reception and Cole who is 3. I am originally from West Yorkshire but have lived in Rushden for 10 years. After spending a few years working in the travel industry abroad I have settled in the Financial Services industry, working part-time as a Para-planner for an independent financial adviser in Northampton
I am Laura, a parent of a child in Reception. I am also a teacher with 14 years teaching experience. I have worked across several years groups. I also support teachers in other schools to improve on all aspects of teaching and learning and moderate Year 2 work for the local authority. I am passionate about having high expectations for all pupils to learn and achieve.
I am Zoe. I am a medical receptionist and administrator and cannot express how much I love my job after embarking on a much thought about career change from hairdressing and being a salon manager for over 25 years. I currently have a daughter in Year 1 who absolutely loves Rushden Primary Academy. Sydni is very competitive, a bit of a diva, but brings out her angel wings at school and always tries her hardest. She loves her teacher so much that when she’s older she wants to be a teacher just like her.
And our Staff Members:
I am Sarah and I am Early Years Foundation Stage Leader. I graduated in 2012 with a BA in Sport and Physical Education. I have been teaching in Foundation stage for 3 years and have previously taught in a Year 2 Class in Northampton. I am passionate about Early Years and feel that the first year of learning is paramount for a child to succeed.